Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My Poseidon Adventure

Since the trailer for “Poseidon” (2006) was unleashed, I’ve been having this recurring dream. A giant wave that looks like a sculpture under the moon strikes. I drown in darkness. Oh, and there are sharks surrounding me, too. Then I wake up mistaking my sweat for saltwater, so for a second I’m thinking, “That was no boating accident!” First of all, what the f*ck am I doing doggie paddling in the middle of the ocean? No lifejacket. No flippers. No oxygen tank. No fins. No capsized ship. No icebergs. No floating trunks that I can hop on. Anyway, I haven't had the "wave/shark dream" since I was little. Thanks Richard Dreyfuss (again).

5 comments:

  1. The closer I get to going back to school, the more I have nightmares about missing classes (a whole semester's worth) and not being able to do the whole school + work thing, and all sorts of goofy shit. I wish I could just have the dream where I show up to school naked, but nooooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen, if I can do it with my clothes on, so can you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12/5/06 00:24

    Ur Blogs cool. Some nude pics of yourself would definitely give it a little pizzaz. I think your dream obviously means your dealing with some sort of frustration that needs to be released. Waves are often associated
    with sensual experiences. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe your name should be Doctor Filthy.

    The next song I write is going to be about a killer wave. I'm calling it "Wet Dream."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that dream sucks. You should try and have better ones!

    ReplyDelete