Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Pi

I finally finished my final paper on the film Pi incorporating Plato, Sedgwick, and Freud. It was a stretch at times, but not really. Maybe it was just my organizational skills, which are rather lazy lately. Anyway, as always, I found new parts to pick apart. The sun behind the trees especially. I never noticed that in the last scene, the leaves are very much gray instead of black. And that nature prevails in so many other ways - the ants! And that some things are too bright for us to see and better left there in our darkness. And sometimes I think finding meaning in Pi is         i n f i n i t e.

8 comments:

  1. I for one love that movie since it explores variables in human behavior proving it's unpredictable, therefore undeterminable. The idea of the Golden Spiral is the best. Not mention an awesome soundtrack. I wonder why nobody hasn't made a movie exploring the idea of P versus NP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've decided to throw a Pi Equals Pie Party in Jan. We will watch the movie Pi, explore our interpretations (the variables), and have a pie tasting, which is to be accompanied by tea and white wine. The pie menu will include apple, blueberry, pumpkin, sweet potato, pecan, etc... You in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depends when. Remember I'm gone from Jan 5th till Feb 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, I was kidding. How much pie
    do you think I can eat?! Ok, don't answer that. LOL. I'll wait 'til you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won't be coming to that party. have no PI theories to share.
    Now have a party where you watch sixteen candles and then afterwards sit on a glass table and eat cake made by some hot guy ..... I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Done!

    "Oh sexy lady" - Long Duck Dong

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5/1/07 22:19

    "...final paper on the film Pi incorporating Plato, Sedgwick, and Freud."

    are you talking about Kyra?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emerald, how lovely.

    Not Kyra, though you were close (cracking up). Her name is Eve. She's a gender theorist I had to read for, of all things, an English lit class.

    ReplyDelete