Monday, April 30, 2007
For P.W.
My friend is addicted to sex. It always "finds her," so she happily accepts this fate. I listen in admiration, and a dash of envy, to tales of wild escapades with one man, usually, for a short period. There are moments I swear she springs from a cloud. Speaking so freely I can't tell what color her eyes really are. Maybe that's the part I admire. The freeness, in spite of the plan. Long hours of excavation. Sometime when dusk and dawn are the same. Hell-women go blind down there. Nobody keeping watch. My friend knows this, that clever girl. Breathing good, unadulterated fire while she has off. And in the right light, her eyes are green.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So, like, introduce me already!
ReplyDeleteLOL, I really should. You'd like fall in love or something.
ReplyDeletethat s a beautiful perception
ReplyDeleteSpring is the time for love!
ReplyDeleteAmen! But I do admire "the purists" as Ms Olds would call them. Those who can do & do without the love.
ReplyDelete