Wednesday, January 23, 2008
The Hills
really are alive amidst plump statues and loose canons. They're burning eyes, but you'd convince yourself it was the sun. I walked for 5 hours watching Papito; a barefoot boy with salt pepper hair. At times my eyes played tricks on me. Dried blood on tiled sidewalks. A pool - streams - upward. Running like el Rio Cauca from a satellite, across the musical bridge, and past the beating hearts of Medellin. Buses are alive, too. I was on one when reality struck. They bust their way through El Salvador, La Milagrosa, Buenos Aires while poets barely make it on those flimsy bikes. Streams becoming streamers of light. If you're not careful you may just be part of the tapestry. Y como es de hermoso vivir.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i LOVE the one of you and Mamita. I also really love upward, bridge, alive and tapestry. any of the ones I mentioned are worth framing.
ReplyDeletethanks love. i've got a couple you mentioned in mind for framing.
ReplyDeleteit dawned on me how we try to keep all marvels caged in some way. i guess that means i may have to rely on this rickety old mind of mine :)
great pics...
ReplyDeleteI have no idea what you mean. totally went over my head.
ReplyDeleteSun-eyed, I'm not sure you're supposed to get what I mean. Get what you want from it. they're only words & pics & random nonsense & full of meaning :)
ReplyDeleteHops, send me one of your boat on the water. Just the boat. A big one. It'd be nice to see.