Saturday, May 24, 2008

Plateless

My front license plate is missing. Not just missing, it's gone. Stolen. It happened in Brooklyn. Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Kids from nowhere, everywhere. Cops, too. No one can see. A hood is still a hood. And my bumper is totaly f*cked. The rest of the car, intact. I filed a report. It took longer than necessary. Precincts are slow. Clerks, slower. The female officer handling my case, she was cool. She had blue-gray eyes. They were the size of marbles. Caramel skin. A diamond ring. She took down two perps. Perps is short for perpetrators. Hit one with a club. The other, smashed his head against the pavement. Cuffed'em. She was tough. Alone. Blue-gray eyes like marbles. Her rotator cuff is f*cked though. F*cked Like my bumper. That's why she sits behind a desk. Sean Bell is not so innocent. People don't know. She said so. Rap sheets and a gun. But 30 shots is f*cked up, too. Everything is. My back plate is still there. That's all I know. Not for long. I'll be handing it in. A waiting room. For my number. Plateless. Alone.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous27/5/08 14:44

    that sucks!!!

    my car got broken into in williamsburg too, damn that brooklyn hotspot. broke my window, stole my radio, bookbag, tons of CDs, even old cassette tapes, a jean jacket, and a blanket that someone brought me back from mexico. so could be worse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point! I told myself, well, at least I can drive myself home tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous27/5/08 23:08

    a pome! great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous28/5/08 15:03

    it still sucks though and makes you feel violated. :)

    ReplyDelete