Monday, January 05, 2009

When I Consider How My Light Is Spent

So the story goes like this. MM wants to send me a link to a Milton poem because the first line is exactly how he feels. I ask if it's long on account of my ADD, which I don't actually have, but remember his poems being bloody books long. He sends, I read...

When I consider how my light is spent,
Ere half my days in this dark world and wide,...


I gasp and get up recalling an elegy by Milton somewhere in my library. My memory stinks. Shortly after, I inform MM that I've given up because the light is out, so I can't f*cking see. MM screams via instant messenger, "Eureka!"... (ok, let me indulge). He concludes that
I AM THE POEM!

Fin

The story doesn't suck as much if you were a part of my cyber convo. Mostly what it does do is remind me of what I miss.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/2/09 17:46

    The light! The answer is in the light! Follow the light!

    Now do I need to whip your ass in a game of alcohol-induced chess?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous28/2/09 02:51

    No. Go is next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous28/2/09 17:43

    If you Go and I Go, does that make us Go-Gos?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1/3/09 22:46

    Ooo, I love boots! Let's go shoe shopping, then play Go while wearing boots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3/3/09 20:10

    ...and listening to the GoGos

    ReplyDelete