1. Wasabi asked me to meet her for some good old fashion girl talk. Considering our recession-proof wallets, we decided on soup-only meals at Legal Seafood and some contraband wine. Yes, the L.S. New England Clam Chowder is totally worth the trouble. First we needed to hit the mall to "window shop," so the wine came in travel cups. We got buzzed at Jcrew, Victoria's Secret, then LEGAL Seafood. Last stop was Barnes & Noble. Wasabi brought a chess set and tried to teach me how to be an "intellectual"'cause reading just doesn't cut it. Does anyone actually read at B&N? Anyhoo, we polished the bottle (in our plastic travel cups) and our little aristocratic board game got quite lively. I don't know if it was the wine or the fact that she's refreshingly unapologetic about the unimportance of intellect, just the mock appearance of such, but we tied. She might have let me tie.
2. Ritz and I went to see "He's Just Not Into You." I'm sure this joke has been used to bits in various movie reviews, but here goes... I was just not into this movie (laugh track). The characters were so flat, I kept hoping Jason would pop in with hockey mask and machete (trailer for Friday the 13th was sicker than actual movie) in tow to beat some life into them. Jason's not pro-life, I don't think. Ritz, on the other hand, is! Her belly is beautiful. I got dinner & the movie, so she got dessert. Reese's Pieces and Kit Kats. Now that I'm into. We managed to giggle our way through the sweet night.
3. On a sunny Sunday, the one forecasters were drooling over, Derelict and I walked around Williamsburg. Both of us are from the Die-Yuppy-Scum Era, so we reverted back to throwing F bombs in every hipster's direction. The bright sky was tainted with our angst! Poor American Apparel clad, afro or dreaded sporting, flip flopped vegans never had a chance. In their defense, they have cleaned up the hood. In their offense, they've destroyed anything remotely original about the Burg and managed to lure the same greedy developers that infiltrated downtown in the 90s. Note the missing view of the pier from 6th & Berry. Derelict and I are often quite jaded, and when it's bad, apathetic (yikes), but put us together on a street corner and fireworks! All in the name of fun, of course. Too old to be too serious. We listened and jumped around to all sorts of rowdy music with ginormous headphones (not mine, I swear). D did his best Peter Murphy impression and I pretended not to be embarrassed. The moments mattered more than sunny piers.
I think you should combine the three days into one. A champagne brunch on a beautiful sunny day, followed by a game of Go, while snacking on rich, dark truffles. Mmm. Let's go and Go!
ReplyDeleteCorrection, gluten free dark truffles.
ReplyDeleteOr, Whole Soy & Co. casein-free yogurt and some water.
ReplyDelete