Wednesday, June 08, 2011
A Darkroom Diary
I was dreading going back to the darkroom. Spring propelled me deep into sunlight and movement of my own. I've been camera-shy lately, too... Like a boy (or girl) you've missed for a year and then suddenly you're meeting for a drink, I was that kind of nervous. With my hearty broom in tow, I unlocked the door, turned on the lights, and swept. The dust had really settled. It was thick, but I managed. Spraying down the sink, I noticed a bit of rust. I shined it all. The trays were crusty with old chemicals, so I rinsed them down. I made everything ugly from the past 12 months go away. It felt good. Now for the work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I need to do all this to my own home. :) sometimes all anything needs is a little dusting and its like new again. ;) xoxo
ReplyDeleteand PS when are we taking that photo?!
Yes anything or anyone...
ReplyDeletexo
p.s. A photo shoot IS in order. I will book it shortly. Get ready for your closeup.