Sunday, November 06, 2011

A Darkroom Diary

I was told I have a way with women. I bring something out in them that is familiar. That subconsciously I seek and am drawn to those I see a little piece of myself in.  I suppose it's what we all do. The way dog lovers mysteriously resemble their dogs. It was an awkward bit of self-discovery, though, made only after the words sank into consciousness.

Fabiane's Cafe & Pastry Shop, June 2011

So this is who I might be lately - a poised, proud, focused, and accepting woman. Golden, the way women can be, but also disrupted and bruised. I smoke (occasionally and aim to quit), drink spirits (on the rocks if I need time), sing blue songs (about love), and wear my heart on my knees, so when I dance (freestyle to flamenco to the in between) with every atom of my being, there's a chance it could hurt.

Meet one of my beautiful muses...




The description mostly stems from my imagination. What the image evokes is always true.

4 comments:

  1. such an incredibly eye, your work is simply awesome. thank you for sharing your art (and your heart) with the world in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome pic. she looks like a famous rock star or something too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. xoxo beautiful work darlin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo! Reminds me of an old Patti Smith shot.

    ReplyDelete