Sunday, April 23, 2006

Weekend Rain

I was angry Friday night. I cried until it actually rained outside. It hasn’t stopped. First drizzle, then plain rain. Afterwards a downpour. Now it’s giant droplets that keep banging sporadically against my air conditioner. Loud as guns. The cars drive by in waves washing away dirty streets. Maybe I can stick my feet out of the window and wait for the coming tide. That could be a relief until Monday's weather.

6 comments:

  1. The rain here was record. It flooded my room (which, actually, isn't so unusual), it flooded my job, and it flooded the movie theater. It also might send two nearby houses tumbling into the Sound due to erosion.

    The rain the rain the rain she flooded my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely... that last line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rule of threes makes many things lovely. (I'd make the point in some clever fashion if I wasn't too tired right now.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous27/4/06 11:14

    Rain makes me so depressed! I'd be happy if I could live without rain my whole life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. rain's all right with me... The day after is like a fresh new beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful way to look at it. I secretly miss the rain when it stops. That's just between us...4.

    ReplyDelete