Friday, May 26, 2006

On a Date

I'm on a date with a man, who I can't for the life of me understand. We are polar opposites, but I agreed to meet him again. Connections are important and I am still hopeful. The problem is I might as well be alone. Here we are. I'm typing this while he reads and I wait... for him to go home.

7 comments:

  1. Did you seriously type that while on a date?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous27/5/06 22:56

    Is this the second date? I say give him another chance, but if after the third date there are no improvements, then chances are it's hopeless and you're better off moving on!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MM & Cinthia - Yes, I typed this while sitting in my living room passing time before a movie. We've actually known each other for years, so I guess he's comfortable being silent. It's always pleasant conversation on the phone. A different story in person. He lives in DC, anyway, and has a very high ranking in the army. Doomed from the start.

    Cinthia, thanks. In this case, it's good to be reminded of how you feel about someone. I'm keeping it as friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uggh, its hard finding a connection with someone, but dont give up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2/6/06 05:12

    If I knew you were typing this before the movie, I would've been reading this instead of watching TV. But in all seriousness why do you think you're still hopeful?

    ReplyDelete
  6. because i'm a masochist, because boys are like crack, because i love love & keep hoping it will come my way, because without hope, i've got nothing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep the hope, dump the guy!

    ReplyDelete