Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Boy Disaster
I called the boy. I kept my word. It was pouring out, so I couldn't concentrate because my hands were on the wheel. The boy kept asking questions. He's not really my type, but the attention felt nice. The first thing I said was, "I just wanted to call because I said I would and it was great meeting you and - " Boy talks too much. Turns out he plays bass. I tried again with, "Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that it was nice meeting you and well, I think it's - " Coincidence, we both go to school at night. I began again, "So I think it's best that - " Nope, didn't get it out then either, but I did spell my name out for him. Lets just say my call was a disaster of sorts. Oh yeah, he wants to go on a date. With any luck he learned nothing from my attempt to keep my word and will just completely bail. Ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's awesome. And I definitely don't think this was a waste of your time. The best stuff in life is the weird shit like this -- the weirdoes you meet, the stories you accumulate, etc. You should go on a date with this dude just for the free dinner and drinks, and for the eye candy.
ReplyDeleteThat's a cool way of looking at it. Yes, this was an experience. Somehow, I thought I'd be helping future
ReplyDeleteconquests of his. Maybe not.
Nah, I don't do the free dinner, drinks, eye candy thing. I am 35 ya know. I can buy my own meal, get my own drink, and well, there's always actual candy :)
Hey you kept your word, now if he can't take hints, that on him.
ReplyDelete*I* wouldn't date a 23 year old. ;)
ReplyDelete