So life was bleak the other night. I lost one of my dearest friends to what I can only surmise as pride's crippling hand. Why else do people keep quiet? Then the moon inched it's way back into the dark sky. I howled (inside) with happiness for the miracle even though I knew it would be temporary - a passing joy. The shiraz I had with MM, another dear friend, wore off, MM left for Queens Blvd, and, in my apartment, the growing moon was no longer in full view. P was gone again.
Today, it snows. Light everywhere. It's like my god is saying, "ok, see if you can beat this, little girl." I could have easily driven to work. I've seen worse storms way up north. But, on the way to dust off my car & beg for a shovel I couldn't stop giggling. The 6th grader in me wants snow angels and igloos. And today, she wins.
I'm off to play. Photographs to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment