Saturday, January 07, 2012

A Darkroom Diary

Campus was a ghost town equipped with whistling wind and gray skies.  The building where I live when I'm not here was equally abandoned.  Hallways that whisper instead of echo.  Empty lockers making empty promises.  It was all very suitable, so I went to work.  Scrubbed and polished what I needed to feeling safe under the safe lights.  I'm hoping to make magic this year even if that doesn't find its way into my heart.

It's only a week in, anyway.  I'm groggy and slightly hungover, but aware.  The gray skies are now squeezing through the blinds.  Gliding on leaves.  Resting on the inlaid parquet.  Settling in my comforter.   A peaceful awareness, thankfully.

5 comments:

  1. you have such a wonderful way with words.... I feel that sense of beginning and being... You are AMAZING and like earthandskye said... "you'll make magic!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brand NEW YEAR...a brand NEW BEGINNING...let the MAGIC overwhelm you! LOVE YOU! XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, brand new start. let the magic begin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, ladies. This truly was important to hear. I dragged my feet through an interesting "gray period" of newness and got some solid critiques about all forms in my life... Present company included. Big XOs.

    ReplyDelete