![]() |
| Plate 19 |
"To me the most powerful moment in the whole process is when everything comes
together and for that instance my life makes sense."
I saw Brief Encounters this weekend. It was thrilling and disappointing to have the veil lifted from images I've grown so fond of in such a short period of time. I can't help but buy into the fantasy being reality. The outcome never changes either. Image is what matters and then I just think, "Genius!" In seeing Mr. Crewdson, I realized he was dealing with real conflict. The awkwardness of watching yourself work, reveal, and lift veils. Then having to share more, again, in a lackluster Q&A to what seemed like a room full of wealth. I wanted to give him a hug.
I left wonderland without letting him in on the secret. It was a long trip. I needed to get back home for some processing by staring at my living room ceiling.

I haven't seen the film, but I want to. Was the Q&A part of the film, or a live event after the film?
ReplyDeleteThe Q&A was live and the interviewer completely unprepared, which doubled the awkwardness. In spite of that, Crewdson seemed genuine & humbled. Something I respect more than 'the work.'
ReplyDelete