Sunday, February 05, 2006

An Old Wound

I never thought about blogging before nor did I understand its purpose. Then, of course, the unexpected happened. An old wound opened up a new door. And like some cruel ghost that only rattles chains when you sleep, this man that I might have loved, "the old wound," sent me his link. So here I am with virtually nothing to say except that I've read his words.

Lately, I check to see if there are any new entries. There are. I won't read anymore. I move quickly into someone else's and do it vehemently because I know he doesn't really exist. Only when I sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous21/7/06 07:36

    you said, "Lately, I check to see if there are any new entries. There are. I won't read anymore."

    Do you still read? Do the chains still rattle or does the intermittent communication keep them quiet? Perhaps it's not fair asking that now, nearly six months after the renewed contact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perhaps ghosts are more afraid than the ones being haunted by them

    ReplyDelete