Monday, February 13, 2006
A Woman Scorned
Women often find themselves in a precarious position when they fall in love. They are lead by their hearts, which have been entrusted to someone else, so they spend a whole lot of time making sure it's well preserved, still beating, alive. This can lead to some pretty whacky behavior. When that someone else begins to slip away, there's a sense of urgency. A code black. The heart stops and then how does one breathe? I know a woman very dear to me, "Maria," who is scorned. My advice to her was to forget the ex-love and move on. She has, but they continue to be "friends." Then I discovered that he sends text messages asking for forgiveness. "Maria" won't budge. How could she? He runs errands or does special favors in hopes of winning back affection. She won't budge. How could she? He calls her when he's had too much to drink to profess his undying devotion. Still, she won't. The problem is Maria reads the messages, accepts the favors, & takes the calls. I believe the love has ended. After so many years of waiting & working, "Maria" simply gave up and became hardened by the experience. He's under a more optimistic impression. So in truth, the moving on part is a work in progress. It is not easy to walk away. To let go when the someone else carried your heart, your prized possession, and gave it back to you all broken. My judgment was harsh, I think, and I am a little more understanding of her struggle. I suppose I had forgotten what that was like... mending what is broken. Lately, I date men without giving mine up. How could I?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very nice.... love the code black reference.
ReplyDeleteI knew you'd like that, Ms Grey.
ReplyDelete