Sunday, February 26, 2006

Dancing Fools

What is it about the rhythms and melodies of a good house track or flamenco piece that enlightens and moves? I'm alive when I'm dancing. It's as fullfilling as reaching the peak of a mountain in Colorado or Austria or Nepal. Ok maybe not, but certainly there's a sense of liberation. Exhiliration. Butterflies. Take my parents for instance. They are pretty devoted to each other. Since they began ballroom dancing, however, something changed. It happens every time there hands touch. I can see it... they soar. Though their dance is to a different rhythm with a very different melody, I'm sure they feel much like I do when I just can't stop. It's love, baby, love.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous28/2/06 16:27

    I feel exactly the same way when I'm dancing. I'm a shy person by nature, but dancing brings out the passion inside of me. It delivers me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it, sistah. Life is not worth living if there's no passion in it, so keep dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why can I never find someone to take swing lessons with me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swing dancing is so much fun, but it sucks that you need a partner. Lets get a group of "swingers" (doesn't quite sound right) and take over a swing club in the city! Rock-n-roll, daddy-O.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8/3/06 21:22

    There's a Je Ne Se Scai about rhythm when all are in sync.

    ReplyDelete