I'm taking a break from lots of things. In this case, I've been writing Tipsy for a whole year. It's time. But, before I go, here is a list. A friend of mine posted one & it looked like fun. Things to do before I return:
- Make it to Montauk with a real camera.
- Restart yoga in the morning.
- Go to the "singer's open mic" at a Manhattan jazz lounge.
- Set my cell phone alarm clock for bedtime.
- Have each of my friends - the ones I owe - over for dinner, dessert, wine, a movie, or all of the above.
- Read books from "the pile," but start with Koller, then borrowed, then HP, then the rest.
- Check the amaryllis.
- Plant something in the big pot. Maybe tulips.
- Research pet turtles and other pet fish.
- Salsa!
- Get insurance for the '65 Chevy.
- Ride my bike on the first sunny Sunday.
- Hang up some more art pieces, especially the nude - she's beautiful, but take her down when I hear the buzzard.
- No more dating until the semester is over... unless I can't resist.
- Meet Max Roll (Charlotte knows why).
- Use my refund to buy a floor screen, a vacuum, & a plane ticket.
- Practice the castanets.
- Decide if I'm dancing this summer, going to school, or actually using the plane ticket.
- Post a workshopped poem & photos of my Montauk trip or of anything else listed. I will do this while on break.
Feel free to add anything to the list that I may have forgotten. Perhaps it will inspire me.
Off to watch "Lost." Perfecto!
wellllll shheeeyit.
ReplyDeletethat's a bummer.
I enjoyed reading your musings.
Hope you return soon.
and please don't take down the blog. or stay away forever.
ReplyDeletefor you, chantey man, i won't. as long as you tell me when the coast is clear.
ReplyDelete